As budgets are increasingly squeezed it is essential that statutory services are delivering the required outcomes and commissioned services are of a high quality. Only through outstanding service provision will funding cuts have the minimal impact on the outcomes being delivered.
To support you in this we can help by:
- Undertaking mock inspections of Children's Centres. Whilst Centres are not currently being inspected by Ofsted, it is easy for the quality of provision to slip and for outcomes to dip. We can inspect single centres or groups. An individual site or all centres within the local authority areas. We will share our findings with you and provide you with a clear improvement plan.
- Quality assurance of commissioned family support services. There are many local and national charities who are commissioned by Local Authorities to deliver services. With a reduction in numbers of on the ground staff, monitoring often consists of looking at the number of people supported and the brand outcomes achieved. However, there is little time to look at the quality of the provision. Our quality assurance visits include 'inspection' of this unregulated provision and provide you with the detail you need to know the services are of a good quality, meet the intended outcomes and most importantly deliver safe practice.
- Support to develop a transition and school readiness offer for your local authority. Working closely with local schools we identify the issues contributing to school readiness. We provide training for settings to understand what schools really mean by school readiness in your local authority area and develop a framework of support activities and work with local early years settings, children's centres and childminders, to develop and embed activities into their provision.
- Support during the commissioning process to develop tenders and select providers.
- Review of commissioned servcies
- Provision of training to support service improvement, including areas such as measuring and monitoring outcomes, family support and community profiling.
As all of our services are bespoke, please do give us a call on 01949 729723 to discuss your local area and how we can support you to improve outcomes for children, young people, adults and communities across the local authority area.